PSC MENTAL HEALTH COURT TREATMENT SUPPORT
How Personal Service Coordinator (PSC) will support client/member/consumer in Mental Health Court:
- Provide client/member/consumer with transportation to Mental Health Court and to other required treatment meetings/therapy sessions
- Encourage client/member/consumer to keep his appointments with his/her Probation Officer as a fulfillment of sentencing requirements.
- Encourage client/member/consumer to make regular contact with his/her Probation Officer to fulfill sentencing requirements.
- Encourage client/member/consumer to maintain sobriety in accordance with rules of probation
- Help client/member/consumer to identify situations that trigger cravings and implement strategies to manage urges
- Encourage client/member/consumer to cope with triggers by using thought-stopping, visualization, and relaxation techniques.
- Will openly confront client/member/consumer when engaged in denial or other types of distorted thinking or behaviors.