Hillsdale Career Center 916.263-4100
PARTNERS LOCATED AT THE CENTER:
Sacramento Employment and Training Agency (SETA) Provides employment and training services to WIA "eligible" individuals (laid off, low income, etc) Request a WIA Assessment Counselor appointment. (Monday thru Thursday)
Department of Human Assistance (DHA
) Assistance for CalWorks participants with employment and/or training that leads to self-sufficiency.Employment Development Department (EDD) Assistance with CalJobs, Unemployment Insurance and Internet Job Search (Tuesday & Thursday)
Business Information Center (BIC)
Services and resources for individuals starting or growing a small business. Business services include: Library, Counseling appointments, workshops and seminars.
Misdemeanor Expungement Clinic
Misdemeanor record removal and felony record reductions assistance. (12:00 noon -2nd Friday of each month) Low income clients seen individually on a first come, first served basis.
General and Foster Youth employment services and referrals to appropriate youth resources in the community.
Department of Health and Human Services Provides Mental Health and Alcohol and other drug counseling on a referral basis for eligible clients.
Regional Children's Health Project (Healthy Families I Medi-Cal)
Free or low-cost health coverage for expectant mothers, children and teens. Also, Kaiser Permanente now available for non-citizen children under 18. Call 916.277-3838 for an appointment. (Thursday)
American Association of Retired Persons (AARP I SCSEP)
Individuals age 55+, whose income falls at or below poverty line, can receive assistance to gain income, skills and work experience, as well as, receive job search assistance.
SPECIAL WEB SITES AND PROGRAMS:
• A CLOTHES CLOSET is available to assist interview candidates or new hires with professional attire.
• INFO-LINE I Beehive Database of 2,200 local resources and services. 916.498-1000
• Typing certificates: test administered (R.D. Craig); tutorials and/or skills practice (typing tutor)
• Choices -Interest and skills assessment with extensive career information.
• L M I, Cactus and Calm is - Labor market information such as wages, fastest growing occupations, etc.
• WinWay Resume -Create your resume and cover letter quickly and professionally. (Floppy disks, in-house storage)
• Government Benefits -Your website for government benefits information - www.govbenefits.gov
• (SMUD) Energy Assistance applications
• Affordable housing information - www.shra.org ; available rental listings
• CalJobs - www.caljobs.ca.gov . find job leads and post your resume.
SELF-HELP CENTER RESOURCES INCLUDE: